Amateur Radio Emergency Service for Dane and Iowa Counties
This displays the last 5 posts to our news feed. For all of our news please click here for our Feed page. Click on the title for the full post.
- 2024 Dark Skies Severe Weather SeminarPlease add February 24 from 9am-3pm to your calendars for the 2024 Dark Skies Severe Weather Seminar held at Madison College at 1701 Wright St and put on by the The MidWest Severe Storm Tracking Response Center (MidWest SSTRC, Inc.). Each year they host a number of presentations on Storm Spotting in our area andContinue reading “2024 Dark Skies Severe Weather Seminar”
- No Net Meeting on Jan 24We are meeting in-person (and online) on January 24 at the New Dane County EOC (for more information look at this post: https://kb9orn.org/2024/01/19/january-2024-monthly-meeting/) therefore there is no Net Meeting this week on Jan 24. If you can’t join us at the EOC and you need the online link send a request with your Call SignContinue reading “No Net Meeting on Jan 24”
- January 2024 Monthly MeetingWe will be meeting this month at the NEW Dane County EOC at 2982 Kapec Rd, Fitchburg, Wisconsin 53719. This month we will meet on the 4th Wednesday of the month, January 24 at 7:00. We’ll get a look at the new digs and I believe we can get our IDs that night! I willContinue reading “January 2024 Monthly Meeting”
- New Dane/Iowa ARES/RACES BrochureWe are working on a new tri-fold brochure to describe the work of ARES/RACES in Dane and Iowa County. You can find a copy on the Resources Page. Let us know what you think.
- Horribly Hilly Hundreds 2024Save the date. HHH will be on June 15, 2024. More news as it becomes available.
- October 2023 Monthly MeetingIt’s the last Thursday of the month and time to get together. We’ll be meeting at 7:00 pm on Thursday, October 26, at UW Space Place at Villager Shopping Center, 2300 S Park St # 100, Madison, WI 53713. Come in the main door, straight ahead, down the stairs, into the hallway and Space PlaceContinue reading “October 2023 Monthly Meeting”
- Current weather forecast through email/winlinkI wanted to document this as a reference. When in the field (or anywhere) that you have accèss to create an email, including using winlink, and you’d like to get the current weather conditions and forecast you can send an email to the National Weather Service. Momentarily you will receive a reply with weather conditionsContinue reading “Current weather forecast through email/winlink”